The .NET Framework is a development platform for building apps for web, Windows, Windows Phone,
Windows Server, and Microsoft Azure.
It consists of the common language runtime (CLR) and the .NET Framework class library,
which includes a broad range of functionality and support for many industry standards The .NET Framework provides many services, including memory management, type and memory safety, security, networking, and application deployment. It provides easy-to-use data structures and APIs that abstract the lower-level Windows operating system. You can use different programming languages with the .NET Framework, including C#, F#, and Visual Basic.
Features Of .NET
- It contains a huge library of reusable types. classes, interfaces, structures, and enumerated values, which are collectively called types.
- It contains the specifications for the .Net supported languages and implementation of language integration.
- It provides guidelines for declaring, using, and managing types at runtime, and cross-language communication.
- Metadata is the binary information describing the program, which is either stored in a portable executable file (PE) or in the memory. Assembly is a logical unit consisting of the assembly manifest, type metadata, IL code, and a set of resources like image files.
- Windows Forms contain the graphical representation of any window displayed in the application.
- ASP.NET is the web development model and AJAX is an extension of ASP.NET for developing and implementing AJAX functionality. ASP.NET AJAX contains the components that allow the developer to update data on a website without a complete reload of the page.
- It is the technology used for working with data and databases. It provides access to data sources like SQL server, OLE DB, XML etc. The ADO.NET allows connection to data sources for retrieving, manipulating, and updating data.
- It helps in building workflow-based applications in Windows. It contains activities, workflow runtime, workflow designer, and a rules engine.
- It provides a separation between the user interface and the business logic. It helps in developing visually stunning interfaces using documents, media, two and three dimensional graphics, animations, and more.
- It is the technology used for building and executing connected systems.
Common Uses Of .Net
There are plenty of good reasons to use ASP.NET when developing a website or an application. High speed, low cost, and vast language support are among the most significant benefits. ASP.NET is built into the familiar Windows server environment, requiring less setup and configuration than other web development platforms that must be installed and configured separately. The popularity of ASP.NET makes online resources and skilled developers easy to find. The other uses of .NET are:
- The compilation process also provides validation that all of the code is consistent.
- ASP.NET is written using Object Oriented Programming languages such as C# or VB.net. Object Oriented Programming provides a framework and patterns for code organization and reuse. While VB.net is a holdover from Microsoft’s legacy Visual Basic product and has largely fallen out of favor among developers, C# is a first class programming language and consistently ranks among the worlds most in-demand and most-used programming languages.
- As a whole, ASP.NET is a great framework to use when developing web sites and web applications. It is reliable, fast, easy to use, free and widely known. ASP.NET gives you full control of your development and can be used on any project, big or small.
We start from basic and cover all the phases of .NET. We cover in this course:
- JAVA SCRIPT
- PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE (C#,VB.NET)
- STATE MANAGEMENT
- OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING
- SQL SERVER
- ENTITY FRAMEWORK
- WEB SERVICES
- WCF SERVICES